These were so good.  I made these for a gathering that I catered in January and they have been on my mind every since!  I had the perfect opportunity to make these this weekend for friends.  I paired this with some delicious taro chips that I found at Trader Joe’s and a simple chopped salad.  These would be perfect for casual summer entertaining or a picnic.  You can really jazz these up by using the flavored flour tortillas.  I used the Jalapeno Cheddar.  They also had sun-dried tomato as well as a spinach flavored tortilla.  I really stuffed my wraps….hey, my guests looked hungry.  If you stuff them like I did you may want to have a fork available for your guests….along with a napkin…or two!

 Here are all  the fresh and wonderful ingredients for the wraps.  You can pretty much use any combination of ingredients that strike your fancy.  For the chipotle mayonnaise I decided to just use the chipolte hot sauce….I guess I am getting tired of wasting an entire can of chipotles in adobo sauce just so I can use one chile.  I know you can freeze them, yadayada….the hot sauce is just as flavorful and easier to use!

I used a little more lime juice than the original recipe called for.  I just love how the lime juice brightens up all the flavors!
Now if you are not a mayonnaise lover then use 4 ounces of softened cream cheese.  You’ll still get that creamy texture with the pop of chipotle and cilantro flavor without the mayonnaise.

Line up all your prepared ingredients.  Here we have the crumbled bacon, chopped romaine, chopped tomatoes, sliced avocado (if you are making the wraps ahead of time then sprinkle with a little bit of fruit fresh or squeeze some lime juice over the avocados so they don’t turn brown), shredded pepper Jack cheese, chipotle mayo and the turkey.  It’s a wrap!
 Place your tortilla on a dry, flat surface.  Spread your desired amount of mayonnaise onto the tortilla.  I didn’t use a whole lot….bathing suit season is right around the corner!!! Yikes!!
 Evenly top with the lettuce, avocado slices, tomatoes and bacon.  Looks like I could have spread out my items a little better.  But hey, my guests were hungry….I had to hurry!  They were watching me….I was very nervous!!
 Then sprinkle with cheese.  Now top the entire tortilla with a single layer of turkey slices.
Roll the wrap as tightly as you can.   Look at all that gorgeous filling just falling out!!  Just push it back in…you’ll want every last delectable bite!
Then I wrapped it in parchment paper and cut in half on a diagonal.
 If serving right away put the wraps on a plate and surround them with the colorful taro chips.  Enjoy these simple and delicious wrap!  Serves 4 halves.

Turkey Wraps with Chipotle Mayonnaise

1/2 cup good quality mayonnaise (If you don’t like mayonnaise then use 4 ounces of cream cheese, softened…you’ll still have that creamy flavor without the mayo!)
3 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
2 green onions, minced
1 tablespoon minced canned chipotle chilies in adobo (I used Chipotle Hot Sauce, about 1 1/2 tablespoons)
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
Salt and Pepper to Taste
2 10-inch-diameter flour tortillas (plain or flavored, I used Jalapeno Cheddar)
8 ounces thinly sliced smoked turkey
2 romaine lettuce leaves, chopped
1 small avocado, diced
6 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
handful of sweet grape tomatoes, chopped and seasoned lightly with salt and pepper
1/2 cup shredded Pepper Jack Cheese

To make the mayonnaise; in a small bowl add the mayonnaise, cilantro, green onion, chipotle and lime juice.  Lightly season with salt and pepper.  This is best if made a day ahead of time so flavors can meld together.  You will have some of this mixture left over, just add however much you like to the tortilla.

Arrange the tortillas on a dry, smooth work surface.  Spread each with the mayonnaise, top with lettuce, bacon, tomatoes, cheese and turkey.  Roll up tortillas lightly, enclosing the filling.  Wrap in parchment paper.  A good idea if you are taking them on a picnic or will not be using right away.  This will help prevent the tortillas from drying out.  Cut in half, on a diagonal, and serve.  Serves 4 halves.

Tagged: ,

0 nhận xét:

Post a Comment

BACK TO TOP