I had four teenage boys buzzing around my house, one hormonal teenage daughter and a husband who kept asking me when dinner would be ready.  My photos seriously reflect the madness of the evening.  But the show must go on…..this was a really tasty dinner, here’s how it went:

I think I just might have cracked the secret on how to grill a tender flank steak.  Man oh man was this tender and quite tasty.  I paired my grilled steak with some baby greens and blanched sugar snap peas with a couple of tablespoons of Newman’s Own Light Sesame Ginger salad dressing.  It was quite scrumptious.

Short little list of ingredients.  Just measure, chop, and mix and you have one tasty marinade.
 I think this is the secret to a very tender flank steak.  While raw, cut the steak into strips against the grain.
 Mix all the marinade ingredients together and in a large plastic bag add the sliced meat and the marinade.  Marinate for 2 hours or overnight.  I marinated my steak for about 5 hours, and about 30 minutes before I was ready to grill, I removed from the refrigerator to take the chill off.
 Here’s the steak.  Getting its flavor on.
 When you’re ready to grill skewer all the sliced meat, just be sure not to over crowd the meat on the skewers.  Give them a good spray with some Pam cooking spray (so they don’t stick to the grill).  It won’t take very long to grill these up, mine only took about 6 minutes total, so watch carefully.
For the sauce, reserve the marinade into a small sauce pan and boil for about 15 minutes, it should thicken up a bit.  I had to strain mine before I served it.

You can serve it on top of a salad, like I did, or over 1/2 cup of cooked brown rice and some steamed veggies.  My family loved this one!

Korean Steak on a stick
Serves 4


1 (1 1/4-pound) flank steak, cut diagonally against the grain, into thin strips
6 scallions, finely chopped
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup honey
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
1 teaspoon sambal or garlic chili paste
2 garlic cloves, minced

Pam olive oil cooking spray

Combine the scallions, vinegar, soy sauce, honey, brown sugar, ginger, chili paste, and garlic in a small bowl. Add the sliced meat into a large zip lock bag and pour the marinade over the meat.  Marinate at least 2 hours or over night.

Thread the steak onto skewers, reserving the marinade into a small saucepan; bring marinade to boil.  Cook, stirring occasionally, over high heat, until the sauce is thickened and the consistency of syrup, about 15 minutes.  Spray each side with the cooking spray.  Pre-heat grill to medium-high heat.  Place the skewers on the grill for about 6 minutes, turning over half-way through cooking time.  Arrange the skewers on a platter and drizzle with the sauce.

Per 5 ounce serving; 340 calories, 32 grams of protein

Tagged: ,

0 nhận xét:

Post a Comment

BACK TO TOP